Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Honest Tea. Gluten-Free....Honestly!


I love soda.  Recently, I've been trying to cut back on my beloved soda.  Not because I've fallen out of love with it, but because I know that it's probably not the best drink choice.

As far as plain water goes...I'm not a fan.  I'm sorry, I'm just not.

I've tried flavored waters, sports drinks, seltzer and juice.  Nothing floats my boat.

Until now.

I've found a new love.

It's called Honest Tea.  I picked up a bottle of Pomegranate Red Tea with Goji Berry at Honest Weight Food Co-op last week.  I wasn't expecting much because, well, I also don't care for iced tea very much.  Bottled ice teas are usually way too sweet for me and most of them have caffeine, which sends my heart into a pounding frenzy.

Boy, was I pleasantly surprised!  This tea was amazing!  The bottle states "Just a Tad Sweet" and they are right.

Honest Tea is USDA Organic, Gluten-Free, Caffeine-Free, Certified Fair Trade, No GMO's.  It is sweetend with organic cane sugar and organic honeybush and chock full of antioxidants.  There are only 70 calories in the whole bottle!  Wow!

The down-side is that it costs a bit more than soda.  My single 16 oz. bottle was $1.65.  I might have to dig a little deeper to support my new "habit".  ;)

***********************************************************

I would also like to mention that Heidi Kelly over at Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom is running a contest to win a free Easy Lunchbox System.  This lunchbox system looks amazing!  Head on over to Heidi's blog and check it out!

***********************************************************

Have a great, gluten-free day!

No comments: