Monday, November 3, 2008

Enjoy Life Soft and Chewy Caramel Apple Snack Bars

One of my blog readers asked for a review of the Enjoy Life Caramel Apple Snack Bars I bought on my gf shopping spree last month. Time is passing by and I've been really slacking on my blogging! Sorry, guys!
Now, I actually hadn't gotten to the box of bars in my pantry until this afternoon. I was looking for something to throw in my purse for a quick snack in between errands today. The day ended up being so hectic that I didn't actually get to try the bar until I just sat down to start this post! So, my memory is very fresh!
The Enjoy Life Caramel Apple Snack Bar wrapper states that it is gluten-free and free of the eight most common allergens: wheat, dairy, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish or shellfish. It's also made without casein, potato, sesame and sulfites. The bar is made in a dedicated nut and gluten-free bakery. It has 110 calories, 2.5 grams of fat and 2 grams of fiber. That's 2 points per bar, for those of us on Weight Watchers.
When I first unwrapped the bar, it seemed a little smaller than I thought it would be, but still pretty good size for a snack. I broke the bar in half to take the picture below and noticed it was a little crumbly, but nothing that I wouldn't expect from a soft cookie bar. I wouldn't recommend cramming it into your purse, as I did with mine though, I was lucky it was still in one piece.
I found the bar to be kind of dry, but chewy, with the texture of maybe a regular oatmeal-type breakfast bar. Definitely more like a cookie than a granola bar. The bar was slightly spicy with a hint of caramel and apple. I think it would be really great with a glass of milk or a cup of tea! Unlike some other gf bars I've tried, this one wasn't overly sweet or too gooey.

You can check out their website for all of the ingredient information and there's even a coupon you can print for $.55 on Enjoy Life products! Their pictures are also way better than mine!

All in all, I would definitely purchase these bars again. I will probably even try their other three flavors.

No comments: