Friday, April 16, 2010

Gluten-Free Icy Treats

We've had some really nice, warm days so far in April.  Of course, as I'm writing this today, it's cold and rainy, but I prefer not to talk about that!  LOL!

When it's nice weather and my daughter plays outdoors, she loves to have an "ice pop" when she comes in.  It's always nice to have a treat in the freezer for her and her girlfriends.

I've been noticing that more and more items are being marked "gluten-free".  Every time I go into the market, I find something new.  I always get a little excited when I see an item, clearly marked as gluten-free!

This week, I came across two icy-cold treats that I new my daughter would like.

First is Philly Swirls Cups.   We have bought these in the past, but I never noticed the Gluten Free labeling on the box.  They are also Dairy, Peanut/Tree Nut, Egg, Soy and Fat Free.  They also just added CANDY SPOONZ!  You should have seen my daughter's face when she saw those! 


I really like these little frozen cups of ice.  They remind me of the Italian Ices I used to buy from the Ice Cream Truck in the Summer.


They come in different flavors like Rainbow, Sunburst, Tie Dye, Hurricane, Bananaberry and Cotton Candy.


This week I also found Del Monte Fruit Chillers Frozen Fruit Sorbet.  I had totally missed these before.  They are in the aisle with the applesauce and canned fruit!


From the Fruit Chillers Website:

"One serving of Fruit Chillers sorbet contains 3/4 servings of real fruit.  It does not contain high fructose corn syrup. Each serving of Raspberry or Strawberry Fruit Chillers sorbet contains 100% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin C. Each serving of Mango and Peach Fruit Chillers sorbet contains 150% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin C."


It's hard to see it in my photo, but the box is clearly marked "GLUTEN FREE".



They come in Frosty Peach, Artic Strawberry, Glacial Mango and Polar Raspberry.  Fruit Chillers also come in Strawberry Snow Storm and Grape Berry Blizzard Tubes.  (I need to find those grape ones!)

The peach sorbet is really yummy!  I'm not much of a sorbet gal, I usually head right for the ice cream, but I would definitely buy these again. 


So, if you are looking for a cold treat on a hot day, these will surely hit the spot!

Have a great, gluten-free weekend!


No comments: