Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Week's Eats

The past week sure was a crazy one! Snowfalls, icicles the size of stalactites hanging from the house, water main breaks, boil water advisories, two lost white-tail deer in our back yard.
Dinners this week were meant to be quick and easy.
Sunday - Sausage and White Bean Soup - courtesy of "The Crock Pot Lady". This soup was so easy and so good! Leftovers are in the freezer!

Monday - Stouffer's Frozen Lasagna with Meat Sauce for the family, Gluten-Free Lasagna for me. Tossed Salad for all. KD's Fish Fry, a local restaurant that serves delicious GF fish frys and such, just started carrying home-made GF dinners in their freezer case! The lasagna was a little light on sauce and heavy on pasta for my taste, but it was ok in a pinch. I also picked up a GF Eggplant Parmesan while I was there and will have that another night!

Tuesday - Breakfast for Dinner. Scrambled eggs, bacon, GF bagel for me, toast for the family. Easy and always a big hit.

Wednesday - Beef Tacos with all the fixin's, green salad. Old El Paso Stand 'n Stuff Taco Dinner Kit. Hubby likes soft tacos, so for him, I use flour tortillas. I forgot that my daughter had tacos for lunch in school, so she had her favorite...warm bagel, two slices deli ham, slice of cheese, green salad.

Thursday - Bell & Evans Chicken Nuggets, Oreida Shoestring French Fries, green beans - We have these nuggets quite often and we all love them! They are WAY better than McDonald's and they are Gluten-Free so I can eat them too!

Friday - Summer in Winter! Oscar Meyer hot dogs, deviled potato salad, Lays potato chips. It was a whopping 42 degrees here, so I decided to have an indoor, Winter picnic. The best part was, no bugs!

Saturday - GF Pizza at Uno's! YES!!! We finally got to go and try the new GF pizza at Uno's. I have to say, it was really nice to be able to go out with the family and order a pizza. The pizza was good. The crust was very thin and crispy, but a little bit crumbly. In fact, I couldn't pick up the pieces, I had to eat it with a fork. Nevertheless, I was still in heaven. I ordered the plain cheese pizza, ate three of the six slices and brought the rest home for another meal. It was very tasty and will definitely be going back for more! My hubby had the Buffalo Bites appetizer. My daughter had the Tiny Dinos chicken nuggets with a side of apples and mandarin oranges and ate every bite....Hubby and I both had the House Salad minus the croutons and red onion. Hubby and daughter had dessert (The Brownie Bowl), while I sipped a decaf. I made the comment that they should make their brownie flourless, like Outback Steakhouse. My hubby said something like "You GF freaks can't have everything!" What a guy! All in all, a very nice dinner out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just tried Uno's the other day as well and loved it! DS and I split the pepperoni pizza and I had a salad sans croutons & onions and steamed broccoli. Mgr. came over and introduced himself and explained the who GF pizza process to us. I was very impressed and will be going back, even though it isn't all that close to us. We were able to pick up the pieces for the most part, though one of DS's pieces was a little crumbly, but not too bad. I'll still take it any day!

Lisa said...

I agree! Just to follow-up...I put the three remaining pieces in the microwave for lunch this afternoon. Well, it was even better than before! I think there was just enough moisture after "nuking" that the crust was more glued together and I was able to pick it up and take a bite. Just like regular NY-style pizza. I think next time I will order one pizza for there and one to take home!

Jen said...

Last time I ate at Uno's I was suggesting gf desert options to the waitress hahaha.

Lisa said...

Jenny...you were smart. I should have discussed dessert with the waiter instead of my husband. As you can see, he's no help at all! LOL!

Lisa

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, Don't faint....it's Jane and Max in Fla. I just decided to clean up some very old email and came across your blog...must have never seen it before...so sorry. Say kiddo, you've had quite the time...Hope things are getting better for you. We are fine...been 2 yrs. since Max had open heart surgery and now he thinks he's the Engergizer Bunny. Still have our old email address if you want to get in touch. Love and Hugs, J