Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snow and Peanut Butter Cookies

It's the last week of February! Wow! How time flies! We finally are getting the snow we should have been getting all winter...in two days! We have a foot on the ground this morning and are expecting another 4-8 in the next 24 hours. I'm OK with it. As long as we don't lose power!!!

As always, when the weather is cold and snowy, I like to bake something yummy. I decided to try a recipe my mom had copied from our local news station, Capital News 9. They have a "Cooking At Home" segment with Dan Eaton. I always giggle a little when I see his last name, "Eat- on". Easy to remember! LOL!

It is a "naturally" gluten-free peanut butter cookie recipe and requires only FIVE ingredients. No special flours. Ingredients most folks have on hand in their pantry!

You can find the recipe here:

I made my cookies bigger than Dan made his and so I only got about 16 cookies. But they are GOOD! You really do have to follow the directions though, and don't try to move the cookies off of the cookie sheet before they are cool! They are very fragile.
My daughter smelled the wonderful, peanut buttery smell when she came home from school yesterday. She scarfed down one cookie before going out to play in the snow and had two more with hot cocoa, when she came in. Of course, I had to test a couple as well! ;)
This recipe is a "keeper"!

No comments: