Saturday, March 29, 2008

PATIENCE

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end." Margaret Thatcher, in Observer April 4, 1989 British politician (1925 - )
I've had to learn a lot about patience in the past few weeks. Being patient is not always easy. There are so many times when patience is necessary. I had already learned about patience with my eight-year-old daughter. Guiding her through her daily routine sometimes requires more patience than I feel I can muster. Waiting for Spring in the Northeast can be a frustrating experience, especially with the three inches of snow we had yesterday! In the weeks since my surgery, the healing process has left me feeling more impatient than I've ever felt before. Things are moving much slower than I had expected. As I know from family and friends who have gone through surgeries, healing can be a slow process. One day I feel pretty good, the next, more tired and sore than before. Every morning I wake up and pray for strength and patience to get through the day. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to call, send cards, emails, etc. It warms my heart, makes me smile and makes the waiting process much more tolerable!

No comments: