Thursday, April 23, 2009

REVIEW: riceworks - Gourmet Brown Rice Crisps

I have a lot to do today. We have company coming tomorrow night for dinner and I have to make dessert! I am going to make my first flourless chocolate cake. The recipe says it has to set in the fridge 6-8 hours or overnight, so I have to do it this afternoon! Anyway, I had to take time out to tell you about these awesome snacks I found today at Walmart! Last Sunday's paper had a coupon for $1.00 off of these new snacks. I thought, "Hmm. Rice Crisps. Wonder if they are GF?" Well, guess what? THEY ARE and they say so right on the package!

OK. So, I'm not a huge chip eater. I'm not one of those people who sit down with a bag of chips to watch TV. I'd much rather have a bag of M&M's. However, these "crisps" are fabulous! I bought two bags. One is "Salsa Fresca" and the other is "Sweet Chili" flavor. I opened the "Salsa Fresca" bag before I even unpacked the other grocery bags. Oh, man. They are tasty. I ate quite a few. This could be trouble. I hurried up and closed the bag before I devoured the whole thing. They are salty, spicy, tangy and very crunchy! They are also make from natural whole grain brown rice with no preservatives or artificial flavors. They are a little pricey, but with the coupon, not so bad. I paid $2.66 for each 5.5oz bag. Of course, things settle and there's not many chips in the bag, but I think they are definitely worth the price!!!

I plan to open the "Sweet Chili" bag tomorrow...if I can hold out that long! I will give you my opinion when I do. Walmart only had these two flavors, but I would love to try the other ones...Sea Salt, Parmesan, Baked Cinnamon. There's also Wasabi...not sure I'd like that one, but I would be willing to give it a go.

Click here if you would like to check out their website. There is a $1 off coupon you can print if you give them your name, address and email address.

Try them out! Enjoy!

No comments: