Monday, March 16, 2009

Belated One-Year Anniversary

Well, it's was one year ago on the 12th of March that I had my neck surgery. I remember it like it was yesterday even though it's been a long, painful year. Things are better now. I still have occasional issues with nerves buzzing, hands shaking, sore muscles and weak limbs. Not anywhere near what I had before surgery or in the long months following. Yes, I still have to be very careful. Over the weekend, I helped my husband clean up the yard from the December ice storm we had. I was well aware that I can't do the things I used to do, the same way I used to do them! But, it felt soooooo good to be working outside!!! We haven't taken a long car trip since last July. I'm wondering what will happen this year when we take the five-plus hour drive to the Cape. Time will tell. I do know that sitting around for long periods of time is not my friend. No more couch potato! With the weather getting warmer (finally!!!) and that joyful sun shining, I know that I will be outside walking around the neighborhood as often as possible. I'm looking forward to all the activities that Spring and Summer bring and hoping that I'm up for the challenge!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Hi Lisa,

Sorry for the delay in response. I went on to post a "Hey, my research project is over and I have a life again" posts and realized I had comments!

I have not been able to find B&E chicken. It's funny - I e-mailed Price Chopper to complain and received a customer service response telling me that they do indeed carry the product and to ask a manager if I had trouble finding them - then every manager I proceeded to ask told me they're no longer carried by Price Chopper. :-(

I'll certainly let you know if I come across them again - the Ian's chicken nuggets just don't do the trick!