Sunday, March 15, 2009

Grocery Savings

Well, it's Monday. I decided to look back at lasts week's grocery receipts and see how I did. From 3/11 - 3/15, I ended up spending $204.97 for groceries. Groceries includes food items, paper goods and bathroom items. I used $25.20 in coupons. I also used Couponmom.com to match the coupons with store sales and got some pretty good deals along the way. Some of my best deals were buying four packages of four O-Cel-O sponges (regularly $2.49 each or $9.96/4) for 99 cents each and then using two, $1 coupons. So, I really got four packages for $1.96. 49 cents/package. I also bought six boxes of Wheat Thins (regularly $1.89 each or $11.34/6) for $3.00. These will be going to the local food pantry. I do try to donate food on a regular basis. It's the right thing to do! 50 cents/box. I actually made 75 cents on a big tube of Colgate toothpaste that was on sale for 2.99 at CVS. They gave me $2.99 in Extra Bucks (so item was free) and I had a 75 cent coupon. Cool. 75 cents in my pocket plus $2.99 Extra Bucks to spend on something else! My total grocery bill Month-to-Date is $470.08. I have used $58.25 in coupons. I guess that's pretty good so far. I'll be trying even harder in the next few weeks. I'd love to see the store end up owing me money at the check-out! If I could only find a store in my area that would give double coupons!!!

No comments: