Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Clip...clip,clip...clip, clip...clip, clip...

That clipping sound is the sound of coupons being clipped out of the Sunday paper. If you come to my house, you will hear a lot of that going on. Still in my never-ending sinus headache hell, I decided to do something constructive and try to get my mind off of my throbbing head! After doing a little Quicken report the other day, I realized that our monthly grocery bill has crept up to almost $1,000 last month! Eeeek! I'm not even sure how that could have happened! There's only three of us! I need to get our grocery bill down to a reasonable amount this month. My mission....cut our monthly grocery expense in half. Yes, half. Hopefully more than that at some point, but, baby steps.... So, I've been doing a lot of research. After Stephanie Nelson, "The Coupon Mom", was on the "Today" show last week, I decided to re-visit her website and try to come up with a plan. On the "Today" show, Stephanie bought over $100 worth of groceries for 25 cents. Yep. I was hooked. Now, I've always clipped coupons. I've always used coupons. I even took an adult ed class several years ago on grocery shopping strategies. But...I've never saved as much as I think I probably could. This time, I'm getting serious. I bought 3 copies of the Sunday paper and scarfed up my mother's copy. I pulled the list of local store deals from Stephanie's website. I sifted through the list for items we use and found coupons to match the sales. When I go shopping on Thursday...I'll be ready. Stay tuned!

No comments: